Thursday 26 February 2015

Mom n Dad : Fam(ILY) ❤❤❤



On Sunday evening, I got a wonderful WhatsApp message from a friend. It read:

“VERY HEART TOUCHING.
(BITTER TRUTH)
An old man took his phone to a Repair shop. 
Repairer told : NOTHING IS WRONG with this phone. 

Old man with tears in his eyes said : Then why DON'T my children ever call me ?”

I instantly loved the message so much that I added a few lines from my side and broadcasted it across all my contacts. Here is the message I sent everyone :

“VERY HEART TOUCHING.
(BITTER TRUTH )

An old man took his phone to a Repair shop.
Repairer told : NOTHING IS WRONG with this phone.

Old man with tears in his eyes said : Then why DON'T my children ever call me ?

We are so busy growing up that we forget our parents are growing old too..
Miles may separate you,

But communication should keep the love alive
No matter how busy life gets. 

Because,
Dharti p rup maa bap ka,
Us vidhata ki pehchaan hai..”

Instantly I got over a 100 replies saying they really loved the message and how true it was.

P.S. : I am so much in love with the song "Yeh to sach hai ki Bhagwaan hai", that it has been my caller tune since November 2014; and I have no intents of changing it. A lot of people who call me and hear my caller tune sometimes tell me as to how much this reminds them of the unconditional love of their parents.

I sometimes wonder, when I'd become a parent, would I ever be able to shower such unconditional love to my future kids ? Would I be selfless enough to put them as my number one priority and make unspoken sacrifices for them ?  I don’t have the answer to these questions as of now.

But I really know that whatever I am today, every inch of me, every iota of my cell, I owe it to them. I know that no matter what I do, I can never repay them, ever, for all the sacrifices they have made behind our growing years. I never remember being denied anything I “Wanted” or “Desired”. My needs were taken care of even before I knew them. I had everything I wanted.

The biggest asset they have given me is the empowerment. I have never ever been treated as a “Girl child”; I have always been generously endowed upon all the freedoms and luxuries, generally denied access to a girl in a traditional conservative family. My mom would tell me at times, that my father went on a bicycle to get then enrolment form for an English Medium Convent school – that too the best in the city. I was enrolled in drawing classes, mehandi classes, garba classes, for swimming, skating, badminton, basketball, calligraphy !! I would never have spare summer vacations. During tough times, we would go to a restaurant only once in 6 months, but there would never be any book I didn’t possess that I would “want” and not exactly “need”. Each summer vacation I’d be learning a new hobby. We lived in a “city” area for the most of my childhood, yet I was never among the kids who’d be idly be playing cards. I would be playing with my “Mechanix” or “Picnic” or “Buisness” set.

I can never count the sacrifices they have made to make me what I am today. The tables have turned. It is our turn now to make them happy and give them everything they would “want” and “desire”.

And more importantly, if you’re far away from them, make it a point to call them at least once in a week and talk to them. I call my parents every single day. Infact my day starts with wishing them “Good Morning, Jai Jinendra”. The joy they get in just hearing your voice and all you’ve got to talk to them is impeccable. I remember an instance when I was feeling really homesick one evening and I called my mom and told her how much I was missing home and how lonely I was feeling. My dad couldn’t sleep at all the whole night. Another time when I fell sick, they left everything behind and took the next train and came down to Mumbai just to be by my side.

I have never seen a love so pure, serene, unconditional and selfless. Love you Mom & Dad. If I can only bring a smile on your face ALWAYS, I would consider myself a “good” child.

PS : Another random thought :

I loved Chetan Bhagat’s “2 States” the most because he rightly puts forth the point that it is no sense eloping with someone breaking all the bonds of love and trust your parents have showered you with, through all the years of your life. Hurting them, can never bring complete happiness. It would be mingled with a tinge of betrayal. Happiness is complete when they smile with you ! 

Also the gesture of the Krish, proposing to not only Ananya, but her entire family is soo soo soo sweet ! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment