Saturday 21 February 2015

Happiness – The Kids Way

image_239_49287
I came to Ahmedabad today morning around 9 am at railway station. I had my dad waiting for me happily, to take me home and help me with the luggage. On our way back home, I was fretting about the late train and chilly winter breeze in the wee hours of morning. We stopped by a traffic signal. I looked around just to observe and admire the small changes in the city I loved and missed so dearly. 
For those few seconds I saw a badminton shuttlecock flying in the air. I missed playing badminton in club with friends a lot. I fixed my gaze and found my eyes on the small compound of a municipal school. Two kids wearing slippers were playing with wooden table tennis rackets and that badminton shuttlecock (which we so fondly called “Fool”). 

We came ahead a bit and I focused my gaze and saw that the eyes of these kids were filled with such genuine pleasure and happiness that for a moment I felt ashamed. These kids were so much enjoying the moment like they had no worry in the world or no complaints to make.
Those kids were happy with their slippers, wooden racket and fool. They had no regrets at the moment.  
Cricket2
In spite of having so much comforts, here we are fretting about every imperfection that comes our way.

But what we fail to realise is that life is not always fair. Life in fact can’t be fair or perfect to any one. Not even to the lovely butterflies nor even to the wealthiest man in town. Perhaps, beauty lies in imperfection. The blemished moon is the best example for it.

Happiness is not found in material things. Happiness is a state of mind. Sometimes happiness is just meeting up with your best friend or having a chat with your old teachers or savouring yummy mom made food after months. Happiness is simple. Happiness is loooking at  your school building with pride  after your school days and trying to remember the verandas where you once got punished; meeting an old friend after years accidentally on the road and talking as if you’ve never been apart; the touch of a friends warm cheek in winter with frozen hands; Roadside pani puripuri treats for winning a bet; night out with friends and never ending fights with sibling. Happiness is sometimes a loved one holding your hand while you cross the traffic signal which makes you feel safe and treasured !!
Material things are necessary for easy going life.

But to find happiness, look for it in the small wonders and blessings in this chaotic life ☺☺
the_best_things_in_life_are_free_quote

No comments:

Post a Comment